Site Meter

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Production: Website Banner

Hey everyone, April here.
I finally found the time to finish the colors for the website banner, so now hopefully the website wont look so lame. ^_^"

Here is a quick glimpse at the step process to entertain you further :)

This was the original concept for the banner, in pen by Dani. Creen kind of looks like an alien (Green, HUGE eyed, etc~) , but it's all good. It's what these first drafts are for! :D
Concept by Mutare Ludum :)


These are the super pretty pencils, by Dani. See the improvement from the first?



Next we have the inks. I did them traditionally because I enjoy it more than digital, but for the web-comic, I'm sure you'll see both. :)



Flatting! Easy, tedious, obnoxious, AND TAKES FOREVER. -_-"
Color by April (In Photoshop)



Shading is always fun. Makes the art come to life. Layers suck though, so BEWARE.



Soooo, yeah. This took a round-'bout 5hrs for colors and a few more hours for pencils and inks. Hope you enjoy :) Take a look at it on our website, HERE.
-April & Danielle




1 comment:

  1. Heya,

    Curtis told me about this project and I popped over to check it out. You're doing some really fun stuff here, love the mask!

    I noticed that you did the inks for your banner traditionally, which is awesome. I also do most of my inking with Microns and Brush-Tip pens. You said that flattening was tedious though, so I thought I might make a suggestion there:

    If you can ink on a clean white sheet of paper and scan it in at a good resolution, there's a program called Cr8Tracer which does a good job of tracing inks. It'll convert a .BMP file into .EPS - vector format. You can open this up in photoshop as big as you'd like, be sure to turn anti-aliasing OFF, and it'll be a fairly perfect trace of your inks.

    Having anti-alias off means that it'll open as pure bitmap, and you won't have any problem coloring using the "fill" tool. Should really speed up the work flow there.

    And I have a semi-related question: Have you considered throwing some scale texture on the snake, seeing if it helped create more depth and movement there? I love scales. :D

    Anyway, keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more of what you roll out with.

    -Nick



    ReplyDelete